Monday, 28 April 2014

Band Name/Artist Name: Mark Gerrard

Band Name/Artist Name: Mark GerrardAlbum Name: Chameleon Man
Website: http://www.reverbnation.com/mgctm1
Music Style: Blues / Rock / R&B
Influences: John Lennon / Beatles

I write on subjects few other songwriters will touch - Am an ex-lawyer passionately motivated to write by the manifest injustices which exist around us - Zimbabwe, global warming, phoney politicians, internet scammers, drone strikes, abortion & Iraq have all been recent song topics - plus many others - I have also put classic works of literature by Lord Byron & William Blake to music.

To date I have a portfolio of 137 original songs composed on piano in many eclectic styles including blues, rock, jazz, R&B, country rock & ragtime; am also interested in licensing/publishing my material as well as performing myself..:-) Currently am fortunate enough to be no 1 on the ReverbNation UK national blues chart - since July 2013...


My first songs went online in Jan 2010 & since then my 17 track playlist (recorded in a bedroom on zero budget) has produced 9 webchart number 1 songs to date on 4 different charts..


Unsigned singer/songwriter & jazz/blues pianist requires production support for 4/5 albums (written & ready to go) - I am looking for producers & musicians who are interested in my compositions & maybe up for building a core band. I am also looking to find a 'Musical Director' - a George Martin-type senior producer who would work alongside me in the studio. Such a person would ideally have an address book of musicians who would help me bring my work to life preferably including a capability to produce fully-scored orchestral arrangements..




No comments:

Post a Comment