Sunday, 30 March 2014

Band Name/Artist Name: Richie Toma

Band Name/Artist Name: Richie Toma
Album Name: Stompin' Spaniard
Website Address: http://www.sidekutter.com
Music Style: Latin World Electronic
Influences: disco


My name is Richie Toma Correa.  I am a musician/producer from the Bronx NY.  My parents gave me piano lessons when I was @ seven. That lasted a couple of years til they saw I lost intrest and decided it was a waste of time and money.

However with the advent of electronic keyboards and synths in the late seventies, my love of music suddenly arose and surprisingly the lessons I had learned were never lost. I was fifteen.


My parents sold the old upright piano and bought me an electric keyboard and an amp. From there I started playing in bands and began compiling synths, sequencers, drum machines and MIDI. By the late 90's my brother, DJ Louie Passion got on the band wagon and off we went.


We had record deals with Nervous, Kult and Fourth Fl. to name a few.  At the time, electronic music was big overseas so several of our tracks became remixes by some of the big boy DJ's in Europe.
My last release was in 1999. Since then I have been toying with different styles and generes. But the House always lets you come home, so I am back. And I have been working on some new material that will collectivelly become my first solo album called Stompin' Spaniard!  Almost two years in the making it will be a mix of house, latin, techno and disco.  A combination that I feel gives you the four on the floor bass drum with latin percussion and simple yet catchy synth and vocal lines that become repetative yet infectious!  Have a listen!




No comments:

Post a Comment